Skip to main content

Maple-Sweetened Extra Peanut Buttery No-Bake Cookies


Maple-Sweetened Peanut Buttery Chocolate Vegan No-Bake Oat Cookies by BlueBallsBakery

Way back in the olden days, I co-owned a little coffee shop in Denver. The traditional version of these cookies was our best seller, and with good reason. THEY ARE DELICIOUS. But the sugar, butter, and milk in the o.g. recipe would probably kill me at this point.

With my recent acceptance of my cane sugar intolerance (it only took five years), I modified the recipe to include pure maple syrup. Maple syrup is pretty expensive compared to cane sugar, so if you can tolerate sugar, you can sub in an equal amount of that instead.

They were easily veganized by using Earth Balance in place of butter and almond milk in place of regular milk. I know I've said this before, but I think regular EB tastes weird, so I always use the soy-free stuff. Coconut oil would probably work just as well, but I haven't experimented with that.

If you're trying to keep these free of cane sugar, use unsweetened almond milk, unless you're awesome and make your own nut milk and sweeten it with dates or maple syrup. I used store-bought unsweetened vanilla because I'm always a fan of more vanilla flavor.

Maple-Sweetened Peanut Buttery Chocolate Vegan No-Bake Oat Cookies by BlueBallsBakery

I also upped the peanut butter because I really, really, really fucking love peanut butter. Pretty sure over half of my daily calories come from peanut butter. I shit you not. Whole Foods 365 creamy peanut butter is my favorite.

For the oats, quick-cooking oats work much better than thick rolled oats. The thick oats tend to stay crunchier than I'd prefer in a cookie, but that's what I usually have on hand. I just measure out a little more than the recipe calls for and pulse it in a food processor a few times, until the oats are broken up a bit.

These are so quick and easy, it's ridiculous. Perfect for last minute parties or potlucks, or random sweets cravings. You could probably mold these into dick-shaped cookies before putting them in the fridge. Everything tastes better when it looks like a penis, right? Right!

Maple-Sweetened Peanut Buttery Chocolate Vegan No-Bake Oat Cookies by BlueBallsBakery

Maple-Sweetened Extra Peanut Buttery No-Bake Cookies
Printable recipe
Makes 12 cookies.

1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
2 Tbsp vegan margarine or coconut oil
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup quick oats

Line a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper.

Combine maple syrup, milk, Earth Balance, peanut butter, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until ingredients are combined and the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Stir in oats until coated.

Drop onto lined cookie sheet by heaping tablespoons and flatten if desired. Refrigerate until cookies are firm, 20-30 minutes.

Maple-Sweetened Peanut Buttery Chocolate Vegan No-Bake Oat Cookies by BlueBallsBakery

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to make and then eat these all myself! I didn't knew knew you co-owned a coffee shop. Not surprising, given I don't know you at all! I have met you in real life, though. Bet you didn't know that, did you? I was having an awkward day and the thought of explaining who I was was too much. Next time I'll say hello instead of being a creep. Heh. Probably, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I have days like that, too. A lot of them. I'm pretty awkward in real life (which is why I work in accounting, and why I hid in the back of the coffee shop 99% of the time). Please say hi next time! And yes, make these cookies, and eat them all in one day. That's what I did and I have no regrets!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Build-a-Boner Cake Tutorial

I firmly believe everyone should know how to make a quick penis cake.  Heh. Firmly. Pretty much appropriate for any occasion, right? Bachelorette party? Duh. Baby shower? A penis most likely was involved in the baby-making, so yes. Quitting your job? Tell them to eat a dick and hand them this cake. See? SO VERSATILE. And it's totally easy! You will need: Eight cupcakes, day-old/refrigerated overnight Dick-worthy plate for display Bowl for collecting cake scraps Parchment paper to cover work surface Three bamboo skewers Pen or marker Serrated knife Flesh colored buttercream frosting Piping bag Flat decorator tip (I used Wilton 150. You could use Wilton 125 for a large cake.) Icing knife/spatula/whatever you call it Glass of hot water Paper towel or dish towel Small square of wax paper (2"x2") Brown sprinkles Soft, fresh cupcakes make this difficult to sculpt. Day-old cupcakes that have lost some moisture work really well and stand up to the serra

Christmas Penis Gingerbread Cookie Tutorial

Festive gingerbread penis cookies! With Santa hats! And SPRINKLE PUBES! This video tutorial will show you how to create a flaccid penis wearing a Santa hat even if you don't have a Santa hat cookie cutter. Everyone already has a flaccid penis cookie cutter, right? The cookie recipe comes from this site , but I've made a few changes to the ingredients and technique. Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Printable recipe Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies, depending on the size. 1/3 c soy-free Earth Balance, at room temperature 1 c coconut sugar, brown sugar, or evaporated cane sugar 1 c unsulphured molasses 3/4 c water 6 c all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking soda 3/4 tsp kosher salt 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp ground ginger 1/2 tsp cloves 1/2 tsp allspice Vegan Royal Icing sprinkles (optional) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, cream together the margarine, sugar, molasses, and 1/2 cup of water.